Sunday, June 21, 2009

About the Florida Girl

Hi, I'm Becky and I'm a soon-to-be senior in high school!

~ I'm originally from Michigan but I moved down to Florida in '98 with my family. Although we have glorious winters, the summers here make me wish I was back up north!
~ I absolutely LOVE to travel! I have not left the North American continent, but I will hopefully be traveling with my family during the summers of my college years.
~ My dream school is the University of South Carolina because my parents are moving there when I graduate from high school and it is drop dead gorgeous! However, in Florida there is a whole pre-paid program set up and financially FSU or UF are looking like my best bets!
~ I have two amazing miniature schnauzers named Lady and Lilly and they mean the world to me along with my family and friends!
~ I'm not exactly sure what I want to study in college, but I'm definitely leaning towards the medical field. I'm interested in nursing but at the same time I've really been looking at becoming a dietitian. But who knows what will happen!

Here's my little story...
As a kid I was always active playing soccer, softball, cheerleading, and horse-back riding. So eating-wise I did not think too much because I was burning off all these calories. But then I hit a rough spot around 8th grade where I wasn't as active because of my school work and all of the harder classes I was taking. But my eating habits hadn't changed. So I started gaining weight fast.

I became unhappy, refused to go to the beach because I feared bathing suits, and started trying all of these crazy diets. Nothing was working because I would become discouraged and give up. My last thing I tried was calorie-counting and that really didn't work. It made me unhappy and always upset because I was backing out of meals I wish I could have tried.

Now I'm trying the good ole eat healthy and exercise. I eat more veggies and fruit, less ice cream and chips, and I've started running. I know it will take time to build up my endurance to be able to run longer distances and time for me to lose weight, but I know in the end I will be happy and healthy. One of the most important things I have learned is to be happy with myself because I only live once and I want to live my life to the fullest.

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment